With the alarming rates of cancer diseases, we bring LIC Cancer Cover plan that provides financial security and aid to individuals under the cancer diagnosis and treatment to cope with the unpredictable expenses. If you already have cancer, you are not eligible to purchase our policy.
- What is LIC Cancer Cover Plan?
LIC Cancer Cover Plan offers protection against cancer illness for early and major stages of cancer. It is a non-linked and regular premium health insurance plan which provides a fixed amount of benefit to the policyholder if he or she is diagnosed with cancer at any point in time.
- What are the key features of the LIC Cancer Cover Plan?
The key features of the LIC Cancer Cover Plan are:
- Flexibility to choose Level Sum Assured or Increasing Sum Assured
- Level Sum Assured Option offers a fixed sum amount of money shall be insured throughout the policy term
- Increasing Sum Assured offers a 10% rise in the basic sum each year for the first five years or until the diagnosis of cancer
Benefits depend upon the stage of the cancer diagnosis:
- Benefits for Early-Stage Cancer –
- 25% of the applicable insured sum shall be payable
- Premium Waiver benefit – Premium Waiver of next three years after the date of diagnosis or the remaining policy term, whichever is lower
- Benefits for Major Stage Cancer
- Lump-Sum-100% of Applicable Sum Covered minus any previously paid Early-Stage Cancer claims shall be payable
- Income Benefit – Additional income of 1% of the relevant sum insured shall be payable on each policy anniversary for a fixed period of 10 years irrespective of the death of the policyholder or even if the 10-year period exceeds the policy term
- Premium Waiver – There is a benefit of a premium waiver from the policy anniversary and free from liabilities.
- Valuable financial aid in case of cancer illness
- Increasing cover for health per year
- Lump-sum advantage regardless of real medical costs
- Flexible choices for premium payments
- What is the frequency of the premium payment?
The frequency of the premium payment can be set as semi-annually and annually, depending upon your suitability.
- What is the tenure limit of the LIC Cancer Cover Plan?
The tenure of the policy ranges from at least ten years to a maximum of 30 years.
- From where can I buy LIC Cancer Cover Plan Policy?
LIC Cancer Cover Plan can be bought online via our website and offline via any authorized LIC Agent.
- What are the modes of payment for premium available for LIC Cancer Cover?
These are the following modes available –
- LIC Website – Pay via Debit and Credit Card or Net banking
- Franchisees Apps – Easy Bill Pay, Suvidha Infoserve, AP, and MP online
- Merchant – Life Plus (SBA) and Retired LIC Employee Collection and Premium point LIC Empowered Agents
- Offline – Bill Pay or ATM
- What is the age limit for the LIC Cancer Cover plan?
The minimum age to buy the policy is at 20 years, and the maximum age up to which the policy can be availed is 65 years.
- Is there a surrender benefit or loan avail benefit against this policy?
There is neither surrender benefit nor loan avail benefit against this policy.
- Is there any exclusion in the LIC Cancer Cover Plan?
We offer this plan for citizens of Indian nationality. NRIs and FNIOs are exclusively exempted. This plan can be combined under Employer-Employee schemes but not under partnership and key man insurance schemes.
- What is the period of paying the premium amount?
The premium can be paid semi-annually and annually.
- Which documents are required to buy LIC Cancer Cover Plan?
The following documents are required
- Nominee Details and Bank account information
- Age, address, and identity proof
- Income Proof
- What is the waiting and survival period of the LIC Cancer Cover Plan?
There is a waiting period of 180 days from the date of policy issue to the cancer stage’s initial diagnosis. We also offer seven days of the survival period if the policyholder is into the early or major cancer stage. There will be no benefits if the policyholder dies within the seven days of the diagnosis.